Lion’s Mane: 6 Ways Lion’s Mane Makes You Smarter
Who doesn’t know the drag of brain fog, annoying moments of forgetting the keys, the embarrassment of not remembering your friend’s birthday, the emotional pain of anxiety and depression or even worse a frightening steady mental decline after a certain age?
Yes, as we walk through life, taking good care of our brains becomes increasingly important.
Did you know Lion’s Mane can help boost cognitive function and alleviate anxiety?
You probably know already that we are talking about a medicinal mushroom, not the wild hair of a lion.
Lion’s Mane has, among a long list of health benefits, also a positive impact on the nervous system and elevates mood, it is considered a natural nootropic substance and has been shown to help improve cognitive brain functions including memory, focus and decision making.
How does Lion’s Mane improve brain health?
Here are 6 ways Lion’s Mane mushroom makes you smarter as you age:
- Reduce inflammation in the brain helping it to function better, leading to greater problem solving skills and learning capacity.
- Contains powerful antioxidants that can help reduce oxidative stress, which is a leading cause for memory impairment and trouble with thinking.
- Stimulates the production of nerve growth factor (NGF) in the brain. This literally helps physically rebuild and strengthen the brain. It can help slow, or even in some cases, reverse neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Nerve growth factor has also been thought to play an important role in helping elevating one’s mood, alleviate anxiety and depression and therefore enjoy increased mental clarity.
- Helps to stabilize blood sugar, which not only is good for helping to prevent diabetes, but it helps to keep your energy levels more stable throughout the day, which can lead to increased mental clarity.
- Improves acetylcholine production in the brain which is good for improving memory
So, whether you need to focus better at work, write a paper, keep calm in the chaos of everyday life, the neurotrophic benefits of lion’s mane mushroom can help.
Make sure you get your Lion’s Mane mushroom extract from a trusted source. Read the post “6 Important Tips for Buying High Quality Medicinal Mushrooms: Make An Empowered Decision”
Our quality standard at SacredSourceBotanicals.com
We at Sacred Source Botanicals are committed to sourcing only the purest and highest quality medicinal mushrooms.
In fact, our medicinal mushroom extracts are more potent and of higher quality compared to most other medicinal mushroom supplement suppliers. Why? Because our mushroom powders are…
- traditionally hot water extracted to make medicinal compounds bio-available – and not just ground up dried mushroom powders with a much lower medicinal potency
- made from mushroom fruiting bodies – and not from mycelium on grains
- 3rd party verified for bio-active medicinal compounds, such as beta-D-glucan and triterpenoids
- grown in pure environment and checked for purity (3rd party tested for heavy metals and other contaminants)
Check out our shop and find that we play in the high league of medicinal mushroom extracts.